Tools for a Nature Positive Transition
Aligning Finance with the Global Biodiversity Framework
Date: 3rd October 2023
Time : 13:30-14:30 CET
Location: Centre International de Conférences Genève – Room A and Online
To Register: click here
About the Event
Join us for an enlightening event on aligning financial systems with the Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF). Discover the latest tools and metrics designed to support private and public financial institutions, governments, and businesses in transitioning towards a nature-positive and net-zero future.
The Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF) is a landmark document with 23 targeted milestones to be achieved by 2030. These objectives chart a comprehensive course for society to address the pressing challenges of safeguarding and regenerating our natural world. Notably, within these goals, Goal D and Target 14 spotlight the imperative for both public and private financial flows to align with nature goals and commitments.
But how do we translate these goals into actionable strategies? NatureFinance, NatureAlpha, SEED, TNFD, and WWF-Switzerland invite you to join us at Building Bridges 2023 to explore a range of tools and metrics for corporate and financial sectors to chart their net-zero and nature positive pathways. These tools cover an array of approaches, from assessing biodiversity risks, impacts and dependencies, to measuring the state of nature’s health anywhere in the world.
Tools and metrics to be showcased include:
- NatureFinance’s Alignment tool – with Jose Pugas from JPG Asset Management reflecting on the findings and process as one of the first pilots of the tool
- SEED biocomplexity index – a world class biodiversity index designed to capture a much fuller range of the true value of biodiversity
- WWF Biodiversity Risk Filter to help companies assess and respond to biodiversity-related risks and opportunities across their operations, value chain and investments
- Nature Alpha geospatial data work, such as the Geoverse which enables interactive visualisation of company locations, essential spatial biodiversity insights and metrics.
- Task Force on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) final disclosure framework and recommendations for companies and financial institutions about to be finalised under the (TNFD)
- Amandine Favier (Head of the Sustainable Finance, WWF Switzlerland)
- Emily McKenzie (Technical Director, TNFD)
- Jeremy Eppel (Principal, NatureFinance)
- José Pugas (Partner & Head of ESG, JGP Asset & Wealth Management)
- Simon Pickard (Chair of the Impact Investment Committee for UBP in Geneva)
- Tom Crowther (Founder, Restor)
- Vian Sharif (CEO, Nature Alpha)
Join us in person at Building Bridges in Geneva, or online: Register Now